COVID-19 Update: Precautions for our May 5th Reopening
To our Vision Source Patient’s,
We want to thank each one of you for your support and trust during these trying times. We are thrilled to begin resuming more “routine” ocular health care to our patients starting Tuesday, May 5th 2020. We must continue to be vigilant and careful to protect our doctors, team, and of course our patients. We will be strictly following the updated CDC, American Optometric Association, and Kansas State Board of Examiners of Optometry guidelines.
Here is what our day to day will look like:
- We will be carefully and thoroughly disinfecting and sanitizing all areas of use in the office continuously throughout the day. After each exam or frame that is tried on, it will immediately go through our regulated sanitizing process.
- We ask that you continue to stay in your vehicle upon arrival and call so that we can make sure we reduce any unnecessary contact and that proper disinfecting protocol has been performed. We will still be available, by appointment, for curb-side adjustments, drop off, and delivery of your eyewear needs.
- Our doctors and staff will be wearing masks.
- We will require that you wear a face mask to further protect you and our doctors/staff. If you do not have one, our office will provide you one for the time being. Please also expect among our COVID-19 questionnaire, upon arrival for exams a quick laser forehead temperature will be taken. Any temperature higher than 100.4 degrees will be required to reschedule. Again, we appreciate you understanding on this as it is for the health of everyone that we monitor and perform these.
- We will limit only having the patient enter the practice (and only 1 parent/guardian/caretaker).
- Lastly, due to closure we are going to do our very best to schedule patients as quickly and efficiently as possible. We will be extending our hours from 8am-5pm to help open up exam opportunities but greatly appreciate your understanding and patience as we will have some catching up to do. Strict opening requirements require reducing the number of appointments and spacing for proper social distancing, reduction of risk. We also will be keeping our offices separated for now which means Dr. Knobbe will be in Wamego and Dr. Erichsen will be in Manhattan full time for the foreseeable future.
We ask you plan accordingly for these changes and again thank you for your understanding. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns!
Vision Source Manhattan/Wamego